Hello, New York! I missed you, but now we are as one again. This morning we just took our time and slept in a bit. Then we were OFF like a flock of snails to Time's Square for a loooong wait in line at the TKTS booth. So many shows to choose from!!
It was raining, yet again. I wish we had taken a photo of the nightmare that was the line for tickets. So many umbrellas. I kept ducking my head under Julia's umbrella and then just embracing the idea of getting rained on, and so I'd stand in the rain, and then duck back under for a bit...

After we purchased our matinee tickets for Next to Normal, we ventured down to Soho on the subway. We stopped by a few shops and got some yummy New York pizza in this random deli. Unfortunately, since I'm the fool taking this photo, you don't see any proof that we ate pizza at all. You only see that we sat in front of this massive shelf of potato chips. Cool.
Look - there's a tiny piece of Julia's pizza in the bottom left corner. Ha.
We took a wrong train, and had to backtrack getting back Uptown. Wwwwwell our Uptown train took about fifteen minutes to show up. So we were about fifteen minutes late. We literally ran about six blocks - in the rain- to our matinee. I was worried they would close the doors and not let us in and not refund us. So we ran! We took the photo (above) AFTER we had enjoyed the show. Soaking wet and cold because we sat right under the air conditioning... but the show was freaking AMAZING and I loved every second of it. I teared up about six different times due to feeling six different emotions... it was just fabulous.
We discovered, to our delight, Roxy's Delicatessen. And, these enormous cookies of doom. Sooo good.
We headed to the NBC Studios for a tour around 5:00pm. It was actually really cool - we saw the ... Jimmy Fallon (?) studio, Saturday Night Live, and ... something else. Oh! The sports room one. It was fun, informative, and I found out that the studios are SMALL! I thought it was very interesting. I don't think I could do TV or film... it seems so stressful. All those cameras.Then we grabbed dinner at Olive Garden - just a standard meal for two tired girls who needed the most predictable fettuccine alfredo ever.
Yayyyy for asking strangers to take your photo. We tried this shot two times, then asked a passerby. Thanks mister. This show - Avenue Q - is sheer hilarity. When we weren't laughing, we were gasping for breath from laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I loved when Christmas Eve says:| "Sometimes people need time for learning. People always learning all though their life. Look at Mama Bird; she push Baby out of nest and that's it. If Baby Bird fly, good for Baby. If Baby Bird fall and crack head on ground and get eaten by Cat, then he need to do better next time." |
|
|
|
|
|
|
SNL!!! Where brilliance is born...including I'm on a BOAT! Good to see your umbrella skills are improving AND that you are dominating treats.
ReplyDeleteAvenue Q is one of my faves!!!...ive seen it twice and plan to see it again when in comes to salt lake...woot!
ReplyDelete