The interesting thing about being in a program like this, especially a summer intensive, is having a kind of out-of-body experience in terms of watching myself gain new skills. (numchuck skills, bow-hunting skills, acting skills, etc) I have had a few occasions where I will literally feel myself watching the exchange between myself and the teacher - seeing their observation actually sink in and click in my brain, and then going from there and trying to apply it to my work in another area. It's been pretty remarkable. I love that I get to go to rehearsal everyday, because that's essentially what I do. I rehearse/practice all of these new ways of sharing myself... from morning to night. I absolutely love it.
Also, I love watching my colleagues grow. Some of the kids in my group have made amazing strides already, and that is so satisfying as a peer. We are all growing, individually as well as collectively. It's pretty thrilling.
If you haven't been watching So You Think You Can Dance, you should watch clips of tonight's episode on youtube just to see Ellen - she was on the panel of judges tonight and is hysterical. I love dance! We are doing a Fosse routine this week (the Frug!!!!) to a number from Sweet Charity and it has been a riot. Myself and two other girls (with studio dance experience) are these feisty, hoity-toity chicks that walk down center as the number starts in this really prissy walk. It's fantastic. I should film a clip on my camera and try to post it...
Well, that's all I've got.
Loves to all yall's.
Seth and I watched the last dance by Shane Sparks 4 times! It was amazing
ReplyDelete