Good evening, all. Photos below if you are not interested in the school day details. Xoxo.
Today was so jam-packed my head is still buzzing from rushing around.
In Ken's Physical Acting #1 we played the "Four Stages of Life" game and lived as babies (led by the balloon-like head and wide eyes), the teenager (led from the chest), the adults (led from the groin and mouths), and old people (led from below the butt and the jaw). It was a really cool activity. I played a baby boy (somehow found myself imagining being a boy, don't ask), an angst-filled teenage girl, a pregnant woman, and a lonely widow. It was a very cool exercise.
Scene Study was a strange class today. Weird energy.
Dance was sweaty. I laughed and looked at myself in the mirror and said, "OOPS! I forgot to take my clothes off when I showered today!"
Physical Acting #2 was beyond bizarre. We were birds. Yes, birds. I was a Southern Gentleman Bird (don't ask me how these things occur) and I lost my mate and was looking around with no luck. It was a cool activity - more entertaining to watch my colleagues. It helped me find the concentration in Desdemona's desperation vs. the panic as I performed my monologue while acting as this bird. I loved it.
Singing Technique was comparable to what smoking weed must be like - I'm serious - my head was so full of resonance that I felt like I was on Lortab or something.
After class I rode the bus to Alyson's apartment between Lexington and 3rd Ave on 80th. Alyson was so generous to let me come. Let me share some exquisite photographic evidence of my evening.
It's a hard life to live when you can escape to a rooftop overlooking Manhattan every night.
Myself and Miss Alyson. We met on the planeride to L.A. for my Circle Audition in April 2009.
Ummm... I want a rooftop garden, please. Awesome.
Love: Red. Brick. Angles.
Just a girl's night filled with grilling and roofing and topping and enjoying each other's company sooo much. It was a great evening.
Amazing!
ReplyDelete