Wednesday, September 16, 2009

[insert sigh of relief here]

A poem given to me by my best friend:

Humility
 
I have everything to learn.
This will be what keeps me.
What points me toward humility:
Knowing how very little I know
How very far I have to go.
As for now . . .I know nothing.
I know I know nothing.
I have been blessed.

Last night I was about ready to scream because I was so overwhelmed with music to learn, assignments to do, books to read, and laundry that has literally swallowed everything in my room except a 5'7 space for me to sleep in. Then I got a text from mom that they had received a letter from my insurance company calling off the hospital bills from my bicycle accident (Oct '08). Maybe it was because I was so tired, but maybe it was because my heart was bursting with gratitude, but I cried some happy tears and fell asleep.

"Thank you, Universe. Send me more."


1 comment:

  1. What a delightful surprise. You deserve it. Enjoy the lighter shoulders.

    ReplyDelete